The role 🎭
Manage the product development lifecycle to ship great products to market used by millions every day. Products that span a variety of verticals that are experiencing continued disruption and innovation.
We are a full-service product development studio specialising in building digital products that scale. We work with both Clients (who adopt a product mindset) and Venture Partners that we found, fund and build from the ground up.
This product-centric proposition, combined with our experience drives customer-centricity in the problems we solve and solutions we build. Delivers outcome/goals orientated decision making and continuous/ incremental value and growth.
You will collaborate with an experienced team of entrepreneurs and industry veterans, the Doves🕊 come together to strategise, design, build, ship and grow digital products used and loved by millions of people across the globe every day.
As a Dove 🕊 Product Owner, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with our early-stage venture partners and clients to craft new products from concept to launch and continuous delivery.
- Work with the Product Manager (Client or Venture Partner) to take strategic goals and plans to tactically execute within the team.
- Manage the day-to-day product operations and functions of the product team.
- Turn problems and opportunities into actionable user stories.
- Construct and prioritises production processes to ensure that the development team is clear on what to work on next.
- Serve as a product expert, product evangelist, and the voice of the customer.
- Analyze metrics to understand customer and product performance.
- Leads and facilitates the ceremonies to ensure that development work is aligned with the roadmap set by the product manager.
- Thrive in fast-paced, some times ambiguous environments.
- Contribute to and collaborate on a wide spectrum of product initiatives at Dovetail, including (but not exclusively) discovery, experience design, growth strategy, customer research, and product marketing.
We value your experience... 🧰
We look beyond how many years you've spent in a role and your educational background. Of course, the number of qualifications and certifications you've obtained is a testament to your hunger to learn. But, we like to think there's a lot more to your experience than this.
When it comes to a Product Manager, we like to know:
- What product outcomes you have led, and why and for whom they were valuable.
- What initiatives you have owned and the results (whether good or bad).
- How you think and how you best learn.
- How you tell your story and how you motivate/inspire others.
We enjoy working with...🪢
People from all walks of life who;
- Are highly curious. They believe in continuous improvement and lifelong learning
- Are one part pedant, one part pragmatist
- Are crafty like a sculptor, not a fox
- Have a favourite emoji and excellent taste in GIFs
What's #dovelife like? 🕊
We have always been a distributed first company. This allows us to work wherever, whenever (largely), and however, we are most productive. We have lovely offices in Surry Hills (Sydney), Auckland CBD, and Wellington. We've put in a lot of work to make sure our offices are enjoyable places to spend time, so most of our team members split their time between the office (dog friendly) and home (children on laps during Zoom calls).
The people on your team may not be co-located with you because we value self-motivated and comfortable working in an asynchronous and distributed team.
We value continuous learning and self-improvement. Part of that is the Dovetail Library: expense any book and share it with the team when you're done.
We encourage you to bring your personality and interests to work and have Slack channels set up to discuss life's simplest pleasures like #food, #gardening, and #life-hacks.
Given that we're a distributed team, we always make time for virtual banter to keep the team connected, including Friday themed playlists, Watercooler topics, and Slackbot daily check-ins.
We value your health (both mental and physical) and will give you $200 to spend on something health and "fitness-y" each year, whether that's towards therapy, yoga classes, or new trainers.
Dovetail Ventures is an arm of the business where we found, fund, and build businesses from the ground up. Working at Dovetail gives you ownership in current and future ventures. You can think of it as owning an index fund of early-stage technology companies. Three of our ventures have taken rounds of external funding and are in growth mode, having recently gone through Series A rounds. In other words, there's some real value there already.
And adventures 🛩
- Since we're split across two countries, we like to get together face-to-face at least once a year as a company for a team retreat. In previous years, we've gone to Indonesia, Costa Rica and Queenstown (NZ). This year we hope to make up for last year's staycation. 🤞