Head of Commercial Partnerships
The role 🌟
Our vibrant and expanding Commercial team stretches across business development, account management and marketing, and we're not done expanding yet. We recently re-structured our go-to-market across the business and we're looking to add another sales leader to our team as Head of Commercial Partnerships. This role will be dedicated to growing Dovetail Digital, which is our digital product agency and a core pillar of Dovetail.
This person will have the opportunity to join our world-class senior leadership team to help shape the direction of Dovetail, on our journey of becoming the leading builder and funder of technology companies in ANZ.
Dovetail's mission is to drive the world forward by transforming ambitious ideas into unstoppable businesses. At our core, we operate as a full-service product development studio that also builds and invests in a carefully selected group of startups.
With entrepreneurship in our DNA, we specialise in building exceptional digital products that scale, via our three distinct business units:
🖥 Dovetail Digital (Digital Product Agency)
This is where we build highly scalable digital products from inception to international expansion, on behalf of long-term strategic customers including Afterpay. We do everything from equity-based joint ventures through to fee for services.
💡 Dovetail Ventures (Venture Studio)
This is where we build and invest into high-growth tech startups that have ambitious external founders. We also co-create incubated ventures from within Dovetail itself, which is where we build, fund & launch our own companies.
🚀 Dovetail Capital (VC)
We recently announced the raise of our first $10 million VC fund to accelerate the growth of our venture companies.
Our new dedicated Head of Commercial Partnerships will be vital to Dovetail's Digital Product Agency growth trajectory and future success, as we're gearing up to double in size over the next 12-18 months. We expect to grow this team as part of our expansion, so management experience is a huge plus.
What You'll Do 🏗
As a Dove 🕊 and our first dedicated Head of Commercial Partnership, you will:
- Oversee and manage Digital Product Agency revenue, building both retention and growth
- Manage and lead the existing team and hire 2-3 additional head count
- Design and implement a growth strategy for the agency over the next 2-3 years
- Identify and pursue business opportunities for Dovetail Digital with tech unicorns and major brands across ANZ & North America
- Help lead and contribute to our North American expansion plan for 2022
- Provide clear growth plans for Account Directors and associated partnerships
- Become the executive sponsor leading all relationships with C-level executives and senior leaders within our accounts
- Work with existing Dovetail product, engineering, design and delivery leads to ensure we have happy and successful clients
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, founded on trust, respect and integrity
- Oversee inbound & outbound sales activities, and manage commercial negotiations
- Provide strategic analysis to help shape client's business
- Understand the market by identifying and prioritising new growth opportunities and contribute to the development and implementation of Dovetail's services
- Contribute to capturing and sharing knowledge using our tools and systems (i.e. Notion & Hubspot)
We value your experience 🧰
We look beyond how many years you've spent in a role and your educational background. Of course, the number of qualifications and certifications you've obtained is a testament to your hunger to learn. But, we like to think there's a lot more to your experience than this.
When it comes to this role we'd like to see:
- A disciplined, ambitious, driven, digital first, energetic, intelligent self-starter
- Proven success in an enterprise B2B tech commercial environment
- Strong management experience from either a tech startup or SaaS business
- Ideally global & distributed team member management experience
- A track record of success at Fortune 2000 companies, ASX 200 level & NZX 50
- Managed relationships with CEO, CPO, CTO, CDO, CIO, CFO, executive teams, etc.
- IT Services, Management Consulting, Digital Agency or SaaS industry background
- Someone who's on a mission to uncover the next tech unicorn 🦄
- A keen interest in the current technology landscape and emerging tech trends
What's #dovelife like? 🕊
We have always been a distributed first company that values flexible working. This allows us to work wherever, whenever (largely) and however we are most productive. How you structure your working time is largely at your discretion, as long as you're communicating effectively and always present for meetings.
We have lovely offices in Surry Hills (Sydney), Auckland CBD, and Wellington. A lot of work has gone into our offices to make sure they are enjoyable places to spend time, so most of our team members split their time between the office (dog friendly) and home (children on laps during Zoom calls).
The people on your team may not be co-located with you — because of this we value people who are self-motivated and comfortable working in an asynchronous and distributed team.
We value continuous learning and self-improvement. Part of that is the Dovetail Library: expense any book and share it with the team when you're done.
We encourage you to bring your personality and interests to work, and have Slack channels set up to discuss life’s simplest pleasures like #food, #gardening, and #life-hacks.
Given that we're a distributed team, we always make time for virtual banter to keep the team connected, including Friday themed playlists, Watercooler topics, and Slackbot daily check-ins.
We also value your health (both mental and physical) and will give you $200 to spend on something health and “wellness-y” each year, whether that's therapy, yoga classes, or a pair of new trainers.
Dovetail is also growing quickly, which opens up significant opportunities for growth and leadership. We are a Deloitte Fast50 company in New Zealand, coming in as the second fastest growing technology company in the country. We were also recently ranked as the fourth fastest-growing company in New Zealand overall by the Financial Times. 🎉
Dovetail Ventures is an arm of the business where we found, fund, and build businesses from the ground up. Working at Dovetail gives you ownership in current and future ventures. You can think of it as owning an index fund of early stage technology companies. Three of our ventures have taken rounds of external funding and are in growth mode, having recently gone through Series A rounds. In other words, there's some real value there already.
And adventures 🛩
Since we're split across two countries, we like to get together face-to-face at least once a year as a company for a team retreat. In previous years, we've gone to Indonesia, Costa Rica and Queenstown (NZ). The last two years we've unfortunately had to have a staycation, and this year, we've opted for a Dovetail Long Weekend to make up for it (free day off for recharge, anybody?). Fingers crossed for better luck next year! 🤞