Are you one of those people that wants to try all the flavours? Then this is for you.
Your role will be Delivery Manager for two separate client projects:
- One of the best funded start-ups in the USA large and complex we're a small high quality part of a large complex program building their client facing high profile website using a headless CMS
- The other an existing friendly client, we're building new functionality on an existing product to help NZ businesses get funding to grow their export capabilities. Working with our in-house SME and small development team for agile delivery.
You will be working closely with existing Product Managers and Tech Leads on both teams; to help our clients deliver, iterating to ensure market fit and evolve their products.
You will be reporting to and supported by our Head of Delivery.
You'll work closely with our distributed and blended client and Dovetail teams (based in Sydney, Auckland and Atlanta USA. Being a morning person would be great for early morning meetings with Atlanta.
We need someone who loves organisation, is a servant leader, clears blockers for the team, ensures risks and dependencies are made visible and well managed. Helping the teams to continuously improve the way they work to meet changing needs.
Alongside this, we need someone who thinks about our clients, and can be their trusted advisor working through inevitable issues, candidly and confidently, helping them to be successful.
From time to time you will also be asked to help out on continuous improvement of our Dovetail way of working.
Future opportunities within Dovetail would be moving on to work on new projects which regularly come in. Here you would help after a discovery with delivery of brand new products, helping founders get their MVPs out and then iterating for market fit.. Alternatively, you could work with an existing client who continues to work with us to grow their high profile mobile app used in USA, NZ, Australia and the UK, expanding into Canada and Europe.
For this particular role we're looking to hire in New Zealand, for better timezone overlap with our East Coast USA client. Ideally in Auckland because we want a cool and nice person for our Auckland crew (but we're distributed first so location is not a limit). Auckland is our foundation and biggest office, we also have an office in Wellington.
You can read more about our work with one of our other key clients, Afterpay, here: https://dovetailstudios.com/the-story-of-dovetail-and-afterpay/
- Working with Product Managers and Tech Leads to support the teams
- Team cadence: Standups, Planning, Demos, Retros
- Prioritisation and sequencing
- Backlog management
- Dependency management
- Bug triaging
- Writing regular reports including burn up charts
- Organising and chairing meetings, ensuring notes and actions are captured
- Risk and issue tracking
- Monitoring client requests
- Scoping/carding up agile features and stories
- Stakeholder management
- Team care
We have a type...
The kind of people we like to work with:
- Are highly curious. They believe in continuous improvement, learning and knowledge.
- Are one part pedant, one part pragmatic, zero parts jerk.
- Are crafty like a fine carpenter, not a fox.
- Have a favourite emoji, excellent taste in GIFs, and can throw a shaka 🤙
What's #dovelife like?
We have always been a distributed first company, this allows us to work where ever and how ever we are most productive. We have nice offices in Surry Hills Sydney, Auckland CBD and, Wellington. We try hard to make our offices fun to be in, so we see many of our team split their time between the office (dog friendly) and home (children on lap during zoom calls).
The people on your team may not be co-located with you — because of this we value people who are self-motivated and comfortable working in an asynchronous and distributed team.
We value learning and growth. Part of that is the Dovetail library: expense any book and share it with the team when you're done. We take time to do things the right way and encourage sharing you to bring your personality and interests to work.
We also value your health both mental and physical and will give you $200 to spend on something health and fitness-ey each year.
Dovetail is also growing quickly, which opens up significant opportunities for growth and leadership. We are a Deloitte Fast 50 company in New Zealand, coming in at the second fastest growing technology company in the country.
Dovetail Ventures is an arm of the business where we found, invest in, or grow businesses. Working at Dovetail gives you ownership in current and future ventures. You can think of it as owning an index fund of early stage technology companies. Three of our ventures have taken rounds of external funding and are in growth mode, going into Series A rounds in 2020. So there's some real value there already.
Since we're split across two countries, we like to get together face to face at least once a year as a company for a team retreat. Last year we went to Queenstown, New Zealand. Previous years we've gone to Indonesia and Costa Rica. Next year we hope to make up for this year's stay-cation.