The role 🎭
Dovetail is seeking an Account Director to join the bevy. As birds of a feather, we flock together to: strategise, design, build, and ship digital products used and loved by millions of people worldwide, everyday.
Ideally Auckland based, will consider NZ remote for right candidate
We are looking for an Account Director covering A/NZ whose primary function is to own our largest client relationships in A/NZ. You will play a significant role in helping us achieve our vision of becoming the leading builder and funder of technology companies in ANZ. This is a very exciting role to join our commercial team as the first Account Director.
Dovetail's mission is to drive the world forward by transforming ambitious ideas into unstoppable businesses. At our core, we operate as a full-service product development studio that also builds and invests in a variety of startup ventures. With entrepreneurship in our DNA, we specialise in building exceptional digital products that scale via our:
- Studio Partnerships (large, long-term strategic partnerships with the likes of Afterpay), and;
- Venture Partnerships (working directly with startup founders to found, fund, and build their businesses from the ground up)
Our new Account Director will be vital to Dovetail Studios growth trajectory and future success, as we're gearing up to double in size over the next 12-18 months.
As a Dove 🕊 and our first Account Director, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and growing 3-4 existing top Dovetail Studios partners
- Provide clear growth plans for client partnerships
- Become the executive sponsor leading all relationships with "C" Level executives and senior leadership within selected accounts
- Work with existing Dovetail product, engineering, design and delivery leads to ensure we have very happy and successful clients
- Building strong relationships with clients and colleagues, founded on trust, respect and integrity
- Navigating our accounts to find new digital products to build
- Managing inbound & outbound sales activities
- Having a hybrid skillset of New business & large account management
- Helping manage a virtual team of technical people
- Providing strategic analysis to help shape client's business
- Managing all commercial negotiations with the client
- Understanding the market, identifying and prioritising business opportunities and contributing to the development and implementing Dovetail's offerings
- Contributing to the capture and sharing of knowledge (Notion & Hubspot)
- Managing overall account management processes
We value your experience... 🧰
We look beyond how many years you've spent in a role and your educational background. Of course, the number of qualifications and certifications you've obtained is a testament to your hunger to learn. But, we like to think there's a lot more to your experience than this.
When it comes to this role we'd like:
- A disciplined, ambitious, driven, digital first, energetic, intelligent self-starter
- Minimum 7 years of enterprise account management experience in B2B tech
- A track record of success at ASX 200 level and / or NZX 50
- Managed relationships with CEO, CPO, CDO, CIO, CTO, CFO, Executive team etc
- IT Services, Management Consulting, Agency or SaaS background - must be Tech
- Startup hunger
- A keen interest in current technology and future trends
We enjoy working with... 💭
People from all walks of life who:
- Are highly curious. They believe in continuous improvement and lifelong learning
- Are one part pedant, one part pragmatist
- Are crafty like a sculptor, not a fox
- Have a favourite emoji and excellent taste in GIFs
What's #dovelife like? 🕊
We have always been a distributed first company. This allows us to work wherever, whenever (largely) and however we are most productive. We have lovely, modern offices in Surry Hills (Sydney), Auckland CBD, and Wellington. We've put in a lot of work to make sure our offices are enjoyable places to spend time, so most of our team members split their time between the office (dog friendly) and home (children on laps during Zoom calls).
The people on your team may not be co-located with you because we value self-motivated and comfortable working in an asynchronous and distributed team.
We value continuous learning and self-improvement. One component of this is the Dovetail Library: expense any book and share it with the team when you're done.
We encourage you to bring your personality and interests to work and have Slack channels set up to discuss life's simplest pleasures like #food, #gardening, and #life-hacks.
Given that we're a distributed team, we always make time for virtual banter to keep the team connected, including Friday themed playlists, Watercooler topics, and Slackbot daily check-ins.
We also value your health (both mental and physical) and will give you $200 to spend on something health and "fitness-y" each year, whether that's towards therapy, yoga classes, or new trainers.
Dovetail is also growing rapidly, which opens up significant opportunities for mobility and leadership. We are a Deloitte Fast50 company in New Zealand, coming in as the third fastest-growing technology company & Financial Times 4th Fastest Growing Company (NZ) in APAC 2021.
Dovetail Ventures is an arm of the business where we found, fund, and build businesses from the ground up. Working at Dovetail gives you ownership in current and future ventures. You can think of it as owning an index fund of early-stage technology companies. Three of our ventures have taken rounds of external funding and are in growth mode, having recently gone through Series A rounds. In other words, there's some real value there already.
And adventures 🛩
Since we're split across two countries, we like to get together face-to-face at least once a year as a company for a team retreat. In previous years, we've gone to Indonesia, Costa Rica and Queenstown (NZ). This year we hope to make up for last year's staycation. 🤞